Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Derek Thompson

I met Derek Thompson during my short stay at ILM, in San Rafael, California, where he worked in the art department.
Derek is warm, charismatic individual and has oodles of talent. We became good friends straight away. He was very welcoming and made my stay in San Francisco very pleasurable sharing laughter and entusiastic discusions about art
An exagerated farewell card drawn by Derek and Brian for my departure from ILM. (I don't have two willies, I am sorry to report!)
Unfortunately I cannot remember Brian's surname but he was a mean artist and a great guy.


Beautiful small oil painting by Derek. The photo doesn't show how truly skilfully painted it is.


Derek sent me this hand painted watercolour postcard from New Zealand. I wonder how the postman didn't steal such beauty.


Derek gave me this oil portrait of one of his mentors he painted in San Francisco.

To see more of Derek's works go to: http://www.derekmonster.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger mr.ed said...

es un monster total, derek!

9:34 am  
Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

"I don't have two willies, I am sorry to report!"

I didn't think you even had ONE!

12:39 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Not even NOT one.

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home