Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Colour Film






I always loved the colour of films....In the early seventies I went to the science Museum in London to see an exhibition about Kinemacolour, one of the earliest, most efficient colour systems for moving pictures. I had the catalogue of the exhibition with B/W reproductions of the film strips. I experimented scanning these and colourising them green and red (The filters used to film and project the images) with the computer. I mounted the two layers in transparency and to my delight and astonishment these were the results. Pure magic!!!
If you want to know more about the system try to "google" it and find out about the technical specifications.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

Another breakthrough from Professor Grillo.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home